Front end web developer with over 7 years of full-time professional experience, based around Sheffield.
A conscientious and reliablweb developer that has worked hard on countless projects to provide responsive, highly accessible and user-friendly sites that match demanding designs and specifications.
Other areas of interest include game development, IoT electronics and 3D-printing.
- Front end styling techniques
- Scalable/modular code for large sites/skins
- Dynamic/interactive elements
- Compilation stack development
- Backend knowledge
- HTML email development
- Accessibility and UX
Front End Engineer
Working on greenfield dynamic React and Node projects as well as continuing with traditional front end work for new and legacy sites.
Front End Web Developer
Handling larger Angular projects with a more advanced team of developers; primarily producing UX style guides and refactoring and improving existing Sass to better handle the scalability requirements.
Front End Web Developer
Working with a diverse team of developers and designers in an Agile environment to have quickly built (literally) hundreds of entirely bespoke, responsive websites, for demanding clients and accessibility requirements, such as most those on the company portfolio but here are a few key examples over the years:
- Creating maintainable front end stack compilation systems and re-usable site starting points.
- Use of generic technologies where possible to make life easier for other developers (frameworks, components, grid systems, coding conventions, etc).
- Creating valid sites that adhere to AA or even AAA accessibility guidelines when appropriate.
- Usability and UX for as wide a range of devices and browsers as the client desires (yes, even IE7!).
- Keeping on the cutting edge of modern techniques in a sensible, supportable way.
- Backend usability. That is to say, front end components must always be easy to integrate.
- Compassionate help; being the go-to guy for any front end advice, setting projects up or debugging issues.
Remotely built various simple, fixed-width sites while learning about rapidly developing pages from strict designs.
Sheffield Hallam University's E-learning Development Team
Designed and built flat websites for teacher/mentor trainee placements and presentations for use by senior lecturers at the university, as well as their department’s website at the time.
Graduate of BSc Computer Music Technology with Digital Media from Manchester Metropolitan University. Which, despite the title, involved mostly:
- Creating individual/group websites.
- Simple web apps with Perl/PHP/JS.
- Java/C++ programming.
- Web app with sockets to control a robot remotely (3rd year project).
- Angular 2
- Canvas graphics (WebGL, Processing)
- Game frameworks (Phaser, GameMaker)