Frontend web developer with over
5 years of full-time professional experience, based in Sheffield.
A conscientious and reliable web developer that has worked hard on countless projects to provide responsive, highly accessible and user-friendly sites that match demanding designs and specifications.
Other areas of interest include game development, IoT electronics and 3D-printing.
- Frontend styling techniques
- Scalable/modular code for large sites/skins
- Dynamic/interactive elements
- Compilation stack development
- Backend knowledge
- HTML email development
- Accessibility and UX
Frontend Web Developer
Working with a diverse team of developers and designers in an Agile environment to have quickly built (literally) hundreds of entirely bespoke websites, for demanding clients and accessibility requirements, such as those on the company portfolio.
- Creating maintainable frontend stack compilation systems and re-usable site starting points.
- Use of generic technologies where possible to make life easier for other developers (frameworks, components, grid systems, coding conventions, etc).
- Creating valid sites that adhere to AA or even AAA accessibility guidelines when appropriate.
- Usability and UX for as wide a range of devices and browsers as the client desires (yes, even IE7).
- Keeping on the cutting edge of modern techniques in a sensible, supportable way.
- Backend usability. That is to say, frontend components must always be easy to integrate.
- Compassionate help; being the go-to guy for any frontend advice, setting projects up or debugging issues.
Remotely building various simple sites from strict designs.
Learnt a lot but wasn't paid a penny. The less said about this place the better!
Sheffield Hallam University's E-learning Development Team
Designed and built flat websites for teacher/mentor trainee placements and presentations for use by senior lecturers at the university, as well as their department’s website at the time.
Graduate of BSc Computer Music Technology with Digital Media from Manchester Metropolitan University. Which, despite the title, involved mostly:
- Creating individual/group websites.
- Simple web apps with Perl/PHP/JS.
- Java/C++ programming.
- Web app with sockets to control a robot remotely (3rd year project).
- Canvas graphics (WebGL, Processing)
- Game frameworks (Phaser, GameMaker)